Monday, March 23, 2009

Peach Piggy


Hi:

It's Grover. Listen, Pig is freaking me out. Seemingly overnight, he sprouted PEACH FUZZ! I think this means he is nearly done transforming into a Monster, but my mom thinks this mean he is finally getting nutrients again. She was way overly excited to see him with fuzz. Is there ANYTHING he does that she doesn't find cute? I think not.

This weekend, Pig attempted to clean his sweater by himself since our mom was otherwise engaged and still hadn't washed the nasty thing as of Saturday morning. I watched him do this for quite some time, all the while getting more and more disgusted. Finally, our mom noticed, got the hint, and took the schmata off of him.

In the time it took her to turn around to get the new sweater, Pig had done one of the dumbest things he has ever done, and that is saying he lot.

He must be tired of being Frankenpiggy, because when she turned back around to put the fresh sweater on him, less than 30 seconds later, his tooth was stuck in his top stitch and he was pulling on it and making oinking sounds.

Um, can you say MORON?

It was really stuck on there, but she managed to slip the stitch off his tooth. His incision was no worse for wear, as he is a great healer and it is all sealed up. But our mom thinks he is trying to give her heart attack and I agree, because that is what Monsters do! They try to scare you to D E A T H!

Anyway, she got the black sweater on him as you can see here.

And then he got to sit on bubble wrap, his favorite thing, because he is a spoiled brat. Notice how saggy his wrinkly skin is? My mom says that is because he's lost so much weight. But I say it's one more piece of proof that Pig is morphing into a disgusting flabbity Monster.

After Wednesday, when he gets his stitches out, his transition from Frankenpiggy will be complete. What's next? Pigzilla?

Luv,

Grover

P.S. Our mom says to tell you that Piggy ate a lot this weekend. He did lose a few more ounces, but the Prednisolone (and maybe the Sucralfate, too?) seems to have given him back his appetite and she is very thankful. He must be feeling better, because for the past few weeks I have been able to hiss at him and he would walk away in great fear. But yesterday I hissed at him and he just sat there and then he swatted at me so I hit him in the head and THEN he walked away. But he didn't look so fearful. I imagine it's just a matter of time until he starts gallumping on me again. Harrumph.

16 comments:

The Creek Cats said...

We love reading your blog. You guys are hilarious!

Mom says that prednisilone has done wonders for Cal's appetite. He is on 4 pills a day and is finally starting gain some weight. We purr and purray that Piggy will also gain!!! Piggy we are sending you lotsa healing vibes, hoping you feel 100% very soon!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Wednesday!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Grover, get your shots in at him while you can.

Piggy, we is glad you is eating again. you look very dashing in your black sweater. we can't wait til you get your stitches out.

oh, and FLABITY is our new favorite werd,

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We are sorry you have such a hard life Grover, but we are sure that your Mom will make up for it somehow!

Piggy! Don't pull out your stitches! If you aren't careful they will have to put more in! And continue eating tons! Grow back into your skin!

Junior and Orion

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, I think it really is a good sign that Piggy is growing some furs now! Hooray! That makes me real happy.

Grover, it must be a trial for you to have to watch Piggy go through all of this.

Shana said...

Piggy is such a beatnik! I am finding him even sexier than ever!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Flabity. heh heh


Go Piggy!!!!!

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Yay for Piggy growing some peach fuzz. we're glad to see that his medicine is helping him eat more.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Oh Grover, you sound so mean...but you look so sweet...we think you just like hearing the sound of your own voice, since you can't really be serious with all that rude stuff you say about Piggy!

We think that Piggy will soon have a wardrobe, even after his stitches are out...whatever makes him and your mommy happy and gives you more to talk about...but we'd really like to learn more about you sometime, Grover.

Tell your mom that the Pred takes away the brains sensor to say I'm full, so it's going to make Piggy hungry, which is a good thing. And it's good it's helping, cuz we think that means he's not too sick after all.

And we wonder about the peach fuzz too! He looks a lot like Disco does when he gets fuzzy...cute but stranger than usual, mol. But he won't morph into a Pigzilla, but he might want to crush you after all you said about him!

Elin said...

yeah piggy, u are sweet with the sweater!

(^^,)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Piggy is on the mend! Big hugs and kisses.

Karen Jo said...

I am glad that Piggy grew some peach fuzz. It seems like a good sign to me. I am also glad that he is eating more. Grover, the Meezers have a good idea. Enjoy the fact that you can scare Piggy a bit while you can.

Niko and Cloud said...

We are glad to hear his peach fuzz is back and that his appetite is returning!

Elenka said...

Grover,I just caught up on your last 3 posts. Piggy, sounds like you are starting to feel better. I hope so.
I must say, I have never heard of a sphinx cat before, let alone see one. I love your color! But, Piggy, shouldn't you wear sweaters all the time?? I mean, no offense, you are, like, kinda bald! My mom would have me not only in sweaters, but sweatpants if she thought I was bald. She' mostly bald, you know. Mostly hair only on her head mostly. She has to wear clothes.
You look simply marvelous in sweaters, I think.
Love, Molly

Jans Funny Farm said...

You two sound like REAL brothers. YOu know, blood brothers of the born of the same litter brothers.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

A friend of ours found this tank top online and sent it to me saying it would be purrfect for Pig...

http://www.cattoys.com/pettanktop-lilpiggy.html