Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rest in peace, Piggy, my dear little pink love.

My Little Pink Pig

Hello old friends:

Piggy died last night, January 16th, 7pm, in my arms. He had a very bad episode of arrhythmia, more violent than usual, and did not recover.

Pig communicating with his planet.

My fiance, who loves Piggy as I do, was on the phone with me while it happened. I called him as soon as I realized what was happening as it was evident from the moment it started that this would be "the big one", as Fred Sanford would say.

Grover was next to us during it (it lasted about 2 minutes) scarfing down my fried rice that I had been eating on the couch when it happened (silly boy).

Piggy being dressed up in Grover's lurve last weekend.

Piggy had just gobbled his favorite chicken baby food with some pills in it. He was SO happy all day, and the day before, too. Then he curled up next to me on the couch purring like mad. When the arrhythmia started, I held him and thanked him for choosing us and for being such a gift. I told him how much we loved him and how much joy he gave us. I told him it was OK for him to go to Vito now - we understand he needed to move on, and we would be OK, but we would miss him terribly.

My bag! No, mine!
Piggy died with his paws around my neck knowing he was so very loved. Then I took him to the vet hospital so that he could be cremated.


Piggy head-butting me the day before he died. There's Grover's ear!
Vito is the happiest kitty-ghost in the world right now, I'm sure of it. The BFFs are together again. I can't really ask for more than that. ♥

And this is why we called Piggy and Vito "BrokeBack Mountain"

Thank you for visiting this blog all these long years, even when I didn't post for very long stretches of time.  Your beloved pets, your blogs, your comments, emails, and funny, wise, gentle, loving words have always warmed my heart and bolstered me through rough times.

Piggy was on Cat Shaming for his Halloween costume this year.
Thank you for you. I appreciate it.

OXO

Allison
RIP my sweet, crazy, lovable, magical Wonder Pig! Thank you for sticking around three years past when the vets said you would leave us. We love you, we love you, we love you.

Pig at his favorite heat pole.

24 comments:

ibcmeir said...

We ♥ you all, rest well Piggy.

Forty Paws said...

Piggy will be having fun with Vito now! They will be racing through the fields and have no pain at all! Hugs to you and Grover and your fiance.

Luf, Us and Maw

GTnCo said...

So sorry to hear this. We wish you the best. May piggy and vito enjoy their time together again

Anonymous said...

I am SO sad.

Claudia

Our Rainbow Friends said...

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss. Your memories will always be safe in your heart.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Mushroom and potato casserole...somehow that is what stays with me...because I, too, have a Sphynx that means the world to me and whenever I sniff Disco NoFurNo now...I will send a little love up to heaven to Piggy...

Fly Free, and may your hearts always know the love you shared will always be there to comfort you...

SuziQCat said...

We are so sorry to hear about Piggy, we know how hard this can be, and will send purrs to your family today. RIP sweet Piggy...you will be missed by many.

{HUGS}

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We never got to know Piggy, but we know how sad you are that he had to leave you to go to the Bridge. We send you our consoling purrs and headbutts.

Unknown said...

Even when you know and agree the time is right and the love will never end, it is just hard. We send purrs and love to all.

Pip said...

We are so sad that the beautiful Piggy had to fly away. We all send comfort purrs to your family.

Daisy said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful little piggy. What a sweet boy he was. Thank you for sharing him with us, too.

Rest in Peace, Piggy. You were a Very Good Boy.

Goldie Goodwin said...

I am so sorry you lost your beloved boy. Thank you for sharing him with us for all these years. He was truly a love of your life. His journey in this life apparently was complete. I hope your precious memories will comfort you during this time.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that. Sending comforting purrrrrs and gentle headbutts to Grover and his beans.

Boots, Ozzie and Brenda said...

We have been thinking so much about Piggy lately and just heard about his passing.We are so sorry and send our sincere condolences.

Brend, Boots and Ozzie

xoDanielle said...

I was just thinking of him yesterday while I was folding laundry, wondering what you guys were up to. Every time Tammy hops on one of the cats I think of piggy hopping on Grover ^__^ I am so sorry for your loss<3 I remember finding this blog and laughing outloud at the post and reading them to my husband, dreaming about the day I could own my own pig butt. Rest in peace Piggy, you're the best!!xoxox

The Meezers or Billy said...

we are so sorry that we are late to this post. We are very sad that Piggy has gone to the Bridge, but we are happy that he is with his beloved Vito. {{HUGS}}.

Piggy, we will see you at the Bridge one day.

Everycat said...

We just learned about Piggy leaving you and we dropped by to say we are so sorry and to leave you some rumbly purrs and love. We remember Piggy from a long time ago, he was a lovely little lad.

Gerry. Mungo & The Ape xx

Everycat said...

We just learned about Piggy leaving you and we dropped by to say we are so sorry and to leave you some rumbly purrs and love. We remember Piggy from a long time ago, he was a lovely little lad.

Gerry. Mungo & The Ape xx

cats of wildcat woods said...

We read your blog years aback and fell in love with Piggy. So very sad to hear he passed but he knew such love with you and gave it back in return. Sending deep condolences. Sweet dreams Piggy and enjoy your new wings.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh noes!!!!!!! We just saw this over at the bridge blog! We are so very sorry! We lost our brofur Junior on December 19th. We bet he met Piggy at the bridge, along with so many others. ((HUGS)) for your loss.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We thought we left a comment in January but see we didn't because we have such a terrible time trying to read word verification. But we want you to know how much we enjoyed reading your blog that we will try now to get past the wv. We know you will always love and miss Piggy (and Vito) but we hope your heart is healing. Hugs, purrs & pawtaps.

Sparky said...

Piggy I really enjoyed reading about you; you will be dearly missed. Your mom loved you very very much it was so obvious.

Karen Jo said...

I am very sorry for not coming by sooner. I am really, really sorry that Piggy ran off to the Rainbow Bridge. He was a very special cat. My kitties send you soft purrs and I send you hugs.

TimberLove said...

We found your bloggie today while wandering, don't know if you come here anymore but we wanted to pause and offer our respect and sympathy, soft husky wooooos,

RA