Monday, June 27, 2011

I Want It Now

Piggy woke me up at 3:45 this morning wanting his wet food. I've learned that it's easier to just get up and feed him so he shuts the fuck up and I can get back to sleep. My strategy of 'ignoring' (IMPOSSIBLE) him until I am ready to wake up, results only in my laying there listening to him howl as I stew and wish harder and harder that he'd shut the fuck up. He doesn't, and this undoubtedly leads to me screaming at him to shut the fuck up, which results in him screaming back at me in a way that sounds strikingly similar to, "BITCH, GET UP AND FEED ME!"

So, 3:45, fine. You want breakfast, stinky Pig? You got it.

Problem is, when his regularly scheduled wet food time arrived a few hours later, he expected to receive some more.

It took him about 20 minutes of me milling around the kitchen not opening another can of wet food before he realized a second breakfast was not forthcoming.

Mind you, he has dry food available 24/7. Eventually, he got the hint and began to eat it, very slowly, very begrudgingly, sitting up, tail swishing, glaring at me after every bite to make sure I sensed his annoyance.

He is so lucky that he's cute.

6 comments:

ibcmeir said...

He must be taking annoyance lessons from my mancat, Jake.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Just like another commenter a while back...I just love Sphynx's little boobies...remind me of that grannie cartoon in the old Playboy magazines, hahameow...Oh, yeah...listen to Disco's meow on my last post...he does that whenever he wants anything!

Danielle said...

Laughing my butt off at this. I heart him so much.

Motor Home Cats said...

He is so funny. We learned long ago that Mom will NOT get up for us. Of course, we do get fed right before bed, so that helps, but nope, she won't get up. She's usually up really late anyway, so it's only on weekends that we have a problem with her not getting up early enough for us.

Cody and Gracie

OKcats said...

haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only cat mom who yells profanities at her cats who insist on screaming between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Sounds like our Meowms mornings...although we do wait till around 6 or 7 to bother her.