Saturday, February 17, 2007

Brotherly Love

Hi.

It's Grover.

Listen, I love my little brother, Pig. I do.

Even though he always bothers me and tries to pounce on me the moment I step from the litter box.

Even though he's GIANT and smells like mushrooms and potatoes.

Even though he likes to annoy me so much I have to leave the room and then he curls up in my warm spot.

Even though I still don't think he's really a cat.

Even though he never leaves the litter box without a dirty butt and mom always has to wipe him down with baby-wipes.

Even though he likes to climb into plastic bags and sleep.

Even though he licks everything and makes it soggy.

Even though he likes to play Big Pink Vampire and tries to bite my neck.

Even though one time mom was cleaning gunk out of his eyes and he licked it off the tissue and ate it before mom could stop him, and mom and I nearly threw up.

Even though he copies every thing I do and then pretends it's me who is copying him.

Even though he makes a lot of noise when he runs.

Even though he writes lies about me here for everyone to see.

Even though he has no whiskers except for one teeny tiny little thing I think might just perhaps be a whisker. Sort of.

Even though he has to take baths.

And, most importantly, even though I was so happy being an only-child before his bald, weird, stupid ass entered into the picture.

So, like I was saying, I do love my little brother, Pig.

Even when he yawns while the sun is blazing through his ears and he looks like this.


Even though it's very hard to love something that looks like that, I still do.

Love,

Grover

22 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Thems was furry lovely brotherly things to say :)

Daisy said...

Grover, it is very nice how much you love yer brother, in spite of everything. Please do not tell ANYONE, but I like to eat the gunkies from my eyes too.

Forty Paws said...

That was a very good list. Then Maw started crackin up when she saw the picture!! How funny!!!

Luf, Us

Pee Ess. It's good you still luf him anyway...

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wut a touchin a byootiful tribyoot to yer brudder, grover. i wuz verree mooved by yer grate luv fer him.
an den dat byootiful pikshur wid da sun comin thru hiz big, byootiful eerz...
i'm speechless.

hey ... dis iz yer word verificashun: ihfmeatm. wuddya think it meenz? it haz da word meat in it!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

We love the list. MOmma had to laugh at some of it, though. However, I understand completely what you are saying. I do not have a sibling like Little Pink Pig, but I can certainly understand.

Momma is adding you to our links.

Patches

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is nice that you two love each other like brothers. My sisters pounce on me as soon as I leave the litter box too.

Tara said...

How sweet you can still love your brother, even after all of that (grin)..and the last picture was priceless. Tara

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Hahahahahhahahaha. Oh Grover you are so sweet. And that picture is awsome.

Lux said...

Well, of course you love your brother! I love your reasons why.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Ah Grover, that's very sweet of you! My mom has to bathe me and clean my eyes too, but I can't say I've ever eaten the gunk from my eyes!

My mom is laughing at your list. She likes the photo though! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you and pink piggie are both very beautiful.

That picture is really cute!!

Anonymous said...

Here I came over looking for a pig! You're a cat! Love it!

LZ said...

I don't know Grover, he is kind of cute, I can see why you love him. I have to do the same things with Kaze- she's a PITA but I love her anyway. You're a good brother Grover.

Latte

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow! That would have made a great Thursday Thirteen! I like the sun coming through his ears!

Mr. Hendrix said...

that is a very touching tribute to your brother. family is supposed to love each other no matter what. i'm sure all brothers and sisters have stuff that they think is...odd...about each other. you're a good brother to be so supportive. cute photo!

Christine and FAZ said...

Great photo of the LPP, Grover, and nice to hear your still love him. I especially like the sound of the way he smells. FAZ

Unknown said...

that is the best brother picture we have ever seen! we can definately see why you lve him so much!

Artsy Catsy said...

Grover, you are a wonderful brother, and what a lovely picture!

Rocky

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Hi Piglet! :) I've tagged you to answer a bunch of questions about yourself when you have a moment. :)

Here are the questions

Karen Jo said...

Grover, that was a nice tribute to your brother. I am glad that you love him in spite of everything. I know it's not really nice, but I really cracked up at the picture of pig with the sun shining through his ears. I just found your blog through Dragonheart and after reading this, I am adding you to my links.

Kimo and Sabi said...

That is luv!

Kimo and Sabi said...

TAG, YER IT! Come by our bloggie fer instruction on how to play...